652 Categories | 609 Sites | © Merschat.com
The Directory > Health > Medicine|
Types of Medicine
- Alternative Medicine. Alternative medicinal methods like aromatherapy, medicated oils, gems, etc.
- Anatomy. Study of the physical structure of organisms. In contrast to macroscopic or gross anatomy, cytology and histology are concerned with microscopic structures.
- Biochemistry. Study of the chemistry taking place in living organisms, especially the structure and function of their chemical components.
- Biomechanics. Study of the structure and function of biological systems such as humans, animals, plants, organs, and cells by means of the methods of mechanics
- Biophysics. An interdisciplinary science using methods of physical science to study biological systems.
- Cytology. (aka Cell Biology) Study of cells' physiological properties, structure, organelles, environmental interactions, life cycles, division, and death.
- Embryology. Study of an organism's early embryonic development from fertilization of the ovum to the fetus stage.
- Endocrinology. Study of hormones and their effect throughout the body of animals.
- Epidemiology. Study of the demographics of disease processes through a population including outbreak investigation, disease surveillance and screening, biomonitoring, and comparisons of treatment effects such as in clinical trials.
- Genetics. Study of genes, and their role in biological inheritance, and variation in living organisms.
- Histology. Study of the structures of biological tissues by light microscopy, electron microscopy, and immunohistochemistry.
- Immunology. Study of the immune systems of all organisms.
- Biostatistics. (aka Biometry, Biometrics) The application of statistics to the design of biological experiments, and the collection, summarization, and analysis of data from those experiments; and the interpretation of, and inference from, the results.
- Doctors. Professionals licensed to practice medicine such as physicians, surgeons, dentists, and veterinarians.